• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 tire size questions

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK.... I looked for a previous thread on this with no avail sooooooo.
What is the largest tire anyone has put on a M105 series trailer??? Obviously this is generated from the thought of having a duce or 5 ton with larger tires and running the M105 with 900s or 1100s obviously seams out of place.

Also could someone point me to the thread on M105, M105A1, M105A2 differences.

THANKS!!!!

papercu

Ideally, Your trailer tires should match the one on the truck, so if you have a flat you can use the spare from the truck. The new M105A3 are using 22.5 and carry their own spare so that if being towed by the other trucks they have a spare.
The biggest difference is each of the upgrades was improved braking. The TM is the best reference source. Wayne

jwaller

the A2'a should have larger tie downs and a 2nd air line with emergency air tank. the std 105 and A1's only have an air supply line. With the later trailers you also get the 2 smaller wheels landing gear with a jack and the older one have the single large stationary wheel.

the first pic is of an A1.

second pic is of an A2.

note the differences in the tie down's..

last pic is of the the A1 landing gear.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks