• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 trailer with solar panels

Billy Bobbed

I just bought this trailer and it had solar panels scewed on the front of it.Can anyone tell me anything about what this trailer was used for.I took the panels off to clean them and to see if they work and they do.Do these solar panels look like they came from the military or you think someone else put them on.I dont know much about solar panels so if anyone can give me some info. on this solar panels it would help.Thanks

Attachments

deuceman51

At one time there would have been a generator or something similar mounted in your M105 and those are used to tend the batteries and keep them from sulfating. Not all generators were put on generator trailers. That was why you have solargizers on your M105. We used to use them on everything in the SD guard, but lately I see more of them unhooked and we don't install them anymore. I have a feeling the military realized they were more hype than they actually did for vehicle/equipment batteries.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks