• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105: What to look for?

indy4x4fab

Banned
To bad you're so far away. I have a great straight tailgate for a M105A2 I saved for $65 but shipping would be prohibitive. Regrets.
Well we will be at the SSGR of 2012 so if you still have it in 10 months ill get it from u then. If not then there will be anther.

We scored this cherry today, looks like a nice folding handle and jack style landing gear....

2330 - Trailers at Government Liquidation
I really don't like that twist and release style of landing gear leg. Looks like it would be to easy to a child to release the landing gear leg. Altho I am looking for anther green m105a2 with cover and bows, glen, hint, hint.

91W350

A lot of of times you need a lever to get enough pressure to release the stand, I doubt a child even climbing the gear and using the handle for a step would release it. I have bows, sideboards soon, no covers though... at least covers that do not need repaired.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never seen that folding one. Bad to the bone. I doubt that the strongest of kids, maybe men, could unlatch that landing gear when there is weight on it.