• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 will not pass inspection

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone consider the safety factor?

I bet you'd reconsider if you kill someone.

There's a darn good reason they are obsolete.

quickfarms

When a truck or trailer is registered commercially it has to meet certain requirements regardless of when it was built, this I believe is actually federal law

If the state wants photos then just cover up the rust and paint it and get the historic plates.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just FYI for those not familiar. The A2 trailers use the same brake system with the addition of a relay valve. With the single line system, air from the truck applies the brakes. With the dual system the relay valve has its own air tank. When the truck sends air to the trailer, the relay valve uses the stored air to apply the brakes. If the relay valve senses a loss of supply air from the emergency glad hand it will apply the traler brakes with the remaining stored air. Enough trailers get scrapped that a relay valve and tank shouldn't be that costly.

Jakelc15

This is great info. I've been running my trailers without tags. I plan to use the Staab agency to get them though.My 105 doesn't have the second air line either. It also didn't come from the factory with a tag bracket!Just use pictures of someone elses restored m105 for the antique plates, they all look the same anyway!

MarcusOReallyus

We in Pa get spanked for everything!

There was a chipper accident several years back that killed a family on Route 8 Near Pittsburgh.
"Perscription drugs, proper safety chains, and lazieness was the cause not the trailer"

Might be the same one I read about - crossed the highway and hit a minivan. Pretty sad.

But I think you meant to say:

"Perscription drugs, IMproper safety chains, and lazieness was the cause not the trailer"

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am all for being safe. I do not want to drive something that doesn't meet code. However, I would think that there must be some type of provision that must include age of vehicle. I went to another inspection station and they said that the trailer doesn't need to even be inspected. He said he doesn't go by gross weight, he goes by the basic trailer weight. He also said, if you are haling 10 ton in it and get caught it's not my problem.

He also told me that the deuce needs to have rear clearance lights at least in order to pass inspection. He said because of the size of vehicle it needs them there at least. He also said that after the inspection, you can take them off. There is no law that says you can't take them off. So if you don't like them, make sure they work when you bring it here and if you remove them, that's your choice, but they have to be here for the inspection.

Sounds like PA is a lot of hassle and other states could care less.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks