• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m105 with durabak bed coating

chuck-10

I just installed a roll on bed liner from durabak.very easy to roll on and clean up.i used this stuff for another project and was impressed.i have about 150.00 in a gallon of durabak and the cleaner you have to buy for clean up or to thin the product down.

Attachments

SPCWarning

Chuck10 thanks for posting this. Your trailer looks too clean to haul anything in now lol ! Very nice! It sure looks better than black. I'd like to do this on the floor of my 1009.

Roady-thanks for the link. I ordered an OD sample!

HanksDeuce

I've heard mixed results about UV protection though. If I coated the M105 bed of my bobber and daily drove the truck would the bed coating last?

chuck-10

Yes it would last a long time.the finish does dull down a little but it still protects for a long time.i found out that if you like the shine you can use tire shine to bring it back.this coating has been on my jeep for 5 years and still looks good.i have a spot on my garage floor that durabak spilled onto when i did the jeep,i tried to remove it and it started to pull up the concrete.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you do damage it you can repair it,it bonds to itself not like line x and rhino lining.
I've had 2 repairs done to the Line-X in the back of my 05GMC. You can't tell where the repairs were made and they are holding up fine for the past 3-4 years. The body shop I use sings praises to both Line-X and Rhino for repairs, that's why I went with the Line-X (closer to me) 2cents

Dukeboy

I'm in the process of spraying my M1008 in Durabak OD smooth, exterior and interior. The underside is coated with Durabak black. Frame and misc coated in rustbullet black. I've used durabak on other projects and am happy with the results, nice job on the trailer.

chuck-10

i'm in the process of spraying my m1008 in durabak od smooth, exterior and interior. The underside is coated with durabak black. Frame and misc coated in rustbullet black. I've used durabak on other projects and am happy with the results, nice job on the trailer.
any pics?

txmytx_catahoula

Did you use the OD green? I've used the "sand" on the exterior of my M416(I'll have to post pics soon) and was really interested in using the Durabak OD on the interior of my M1009.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks