• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A1 Recovery from Kittery ME

Truckie

Pickup up my M150A1 from Kittery ME this am- all went well. The trailer has new wiring and new landing gear. I flipped the pintle ring as described in a earlier post and had to add air to one tire and the chains were missing the hook so I used quick links. Duct taped the temp paper plates to the tailgate and ready to go. Towed it at 60+ mph home with no issues. Many thanks to all that posted to this forum – it definitely made my life easier. I created a check out list based on what I learned and a list of things to bring (I didn’t need most of it, probably overkill, but it all fit in my pickup). I have attached my check and parts list for anyone interested.:-D

Attachments

Mark2X2

Pickup up my M150A1 from Kittery ME this am- all went well. The trailer has new wiring and new landing gear. I flipped the pintle ring as described in a earlier post and had to add air to one tire and the chains were missing the hook so I used quick links. Duct taped the temp paper plates to the tailgate and ready to go. Towed it at 60+ mph home with no issues. Many thanks to all that posted to this forum – it definitely made my life easier. I created a check out list based on what I learned and a list of things to bring (I didn’t need most of it, probably overkill, but it all fit in my pickup). I have attached my check and parts list for anyone interested.:-D
Truckie,
Glad it went well, nice list maybe add a can of brake cleaner. Way better to have stuff with you and not need it, than to be with out.

Carl_in_NH

Glad to hear it went well. I suspect we might have been bidding on the same trailer, but I found another one in a private sale from another forum member. You're just up the road a few miles from me, too - so give a shout if you need help.