• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 air/hydraulic brakes

UraniumMan

Hi all, I have a Johnson Furnace Co. M105A2 trailer with air/hydraulic brakes that I got with my deuce. The brakes seem to work at present, but I wanted to check the hydraulic fluid level. I was surprised to not find any reservoir or fill plugs on the master cylinder. Does anyone know how to check/fill the system, and if DOT 5 is the recommended fluid?

Thanks much..

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DOT 5 silicone is the fluid used by our armed forces. The cap is on top of the master cylinder and has a vent hose attached. Might be dirty and not visible. Resembles the cap on a deuce. Bleeding, should it be required is accomplished by attaching said trailer to truck and pumping truck brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks