• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 behind a M1028A2 O.K?

citizensoldier

My 2 cents here... It will pull and stop in fine when empty, but loaded is another story. Hight center of gravity and is very heavy empty. You will also not have the air over hydrolics helping you stop it.. It could get hairy on a hill with wet roads or snow..
A better trailer for this would be any of the M101 3/4 ton versions..

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The A2 version has surge brakes and 8 lug tires of the CUCV type. The A1 version did not have the surge and the tires are old 5 lug tubed tires.

Both have 3/4 ton load capacity. A2's tend to be harder to come across with GL whereas most of the 101's GL sells are the A1's. A2's also cost more when they are on GL.

I would not tow a M105 trailer with the M1028 for the primary reasons already stated above. 'It ern't too smurt ta do it'.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hehe that M105A2 weighs about 2650 lbs empty.. best do 'something' about brakes.. not sure what. be careful.

isaiah

Ok thanks for all your input! I won't do it!

But one more question if there is a trailer hookup for this M105A2 trailer would it help stopping with the surge brakes?

Also how much would you pay for a M105A2, M101A2 and M101A1 on GL?
Thanks for all your input.

citizensoldier

Huh?

isaiah said:
Ok thanks for all your input! I won't do it!

But one more question if there is a trailer hookup for this M105A2 trailer would it help stopping with the surge brakes?

Also how much would you pay for a M105A2, M101A2 and M101A1 on GL?
Thanks for all your input.
I dont follow the first question? Anyway, M105A2's have air over hydrolic brakes not serge brakes..So you would need air on your truck to make them work.
Prices.... well.. It can be different depending on location but here is another 2 cents.. I have found you can pick up the older M101 and A1's depending on shape for about $500 to $1000.. The A2's for around $800 to $1500. This all depends on the shape and if it has the side racks, bows, and cover.. I have seen some like new ones complete with all the goodies sell for $2200. So its all what it is worth to that particular person at that time along with location of the trailer.
The M105's are everywhere and you can get them for $200 and up.. Hope this helps.

citizensoldier

RE: Huh?

I just noticed your in HI !! Hell man you can get a A2 for cheap out there.. I think there are some for sale right now on GL. You lucky dog !! Wanna ship some of that good stuff to the mainland? Hawaii is a hub for lots of goodies coming from all over the world..

Dieselsmoke

Rust repair would cost more than shipping anything over here. Had a few vehicles that came over from HI, not pretty.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
you are pulling it with a dually. No problem just do NOT overload it since you have no trailer brakes. Pulling 3K is nothing, once you start putting in weight issues will occur just be careful if you do so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks