• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 cover sewing pattern

OldDominionIron2

Has anybody measured their M105A2 trailer cover and written down the measurements? I want to make a OD green canvas cover for my 1964 trailer, and think the canvas would look better than the bright green vinyl available these days. I've measured the trailer, and am looking more for how the cover is put together to accomodate the opening in the back.

A matching cover for my deuce would follow, but I have a vinyl cover available to take measurements from for the truck.

Here is a pic of the trailer and truck.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good God, man. Either you have the materials and tools readily available,and want to work for it, or you don't know that they are available (or don't want to spend the money). I suggest contacting New Life Canvas Resources, Beachwood, or WeeBee Webbing. They sell brand new canvas cargo covers. I admire your resourcefulness and wish you luck.

OldDominionIron2

Bruce, I'm looking into having the covers made locally. I like spending my money where I live. It may not be any cheaper than the companies you listed (although $400+ for a cab top seems pricey to me) but I've been having a hard time finding suppliers of canvas work. Thanks for the suggestions.

If it turns out to cost me $1000 for a canvas cargo cover for my deuce, I'll just put the vinyl back on for now and look into painting the cover.

I did find a source for 20' x 20' od green 12 oz canvas tarps for about $170, which is bigger than I need for my trailer.

tytshotgrp

I will try some of those sites, (bkubu) but if possible I need help finding a M105a2 cargo cover or cbc if possible, any thoughts???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks