• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Data Plate Change?

saddamsnightmare

March 30th, 2010.

One of our members on here was kind enough to send me a NOS set of data plates (blank) for a 1968 Johnson Corporation M105A2 I have been cleaning up. Mine had the original Data plate and procurement plate, much faded, but it was missing the lift data plate. The question is the replacement NOS Data plate lacks the "Highway" payload of 5560 Lbs and the Highway data column is completely gone on the new plate which was Revision 7.
When did the M105A2's loose the highway column information on the data plates? And does anyone have a NOS "Procurement " plate that goes to the rear of the data plate and is held on by two screws? Any NOS Data plates with the highway column data intact? Also any sources for 14 of the NOS straight slot pan head machine screws that attach the plates to the tongue??
My original plates were applied when the trailer was built and accepted in JULY 1968, and after 42 years in the weather the original plates were virtually ghosts of what they once were. This trailer last served in the Headquarters detachment of the 120th Combat Engineers (BN) out of Okmulgee,OK before I acquired it in May 2008 from the Norman,OK GL sale.

Any insights or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks