• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Hardtop

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have any info they can give me on this trailer. It's data plated as a 105.
Would like to know what it was used for (parts I think). Maybe a TM?
Have pulled the cabinets out and will make it a small camper for when I'm out alone . . . roughin' it.

Did find some treasures that I'll prob need some help ID'ing. Will get those photo'd and posted later.

Attachments

papercu

The TM is TM 9-2330-213-14&P. The top is unit furnished no information on it but I've seen one before in Jacksonville FL. Wayne

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
never really seen them down like that. how hard was it?
Not so hard. It has a jack set-up that is put in the middle on the roof beam, unpin the four corners, jack up to full height, re-pin the corners, take the jack out.
The main prob is that the space between the inner wall & the outer walls is too much. It won't just slide up straight and sweet. It kinda floats around some, and when it gets to the right height you need to pin one corner and then push the others into place . . . maybe up some, maybe sideways some, etc.

I'll do some work in the corners to close down that gap and make it slide better/ straighter.

Off to pressure wash it out . . . will post some pics of the jack set-up later today.

Pawnshop

Mobile parts bin/storage, likely towed behind a shop van (M109/M820) for use in the field well away from the supply depot. Were it mine I would likely keep it in the short configuration for camping, the hassle of raising it as well as the wobblyness when it is up might be harder to deal with than the lack of headroom

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There have been a good number of similar ones out of Camp Shelby MS, but they were a lot more rusted. I have one at full height with a single door that does not collapse. Most of the collapsable ones I've seen looked like they were left extended for a long time.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sir Blissfull - There are two more here (J-Tree) where I got mine (privet individual) he may be willing to sell one or both.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mobile parts bin/storage, likely towed behind a shop van (M109/M820) for use in the field well away from the supply depot. Were it mine I would likely keep it in the short configuration for camping, the hassle of raising it as well as the wobblyness when it is up might be harder to deal with than the lack of headroom
It is a bit of a hassle raising & pinning, I plan to do some work to change that. Once it's up it solid. All my other rigs have low headroom inside . . . I want one that doesn't.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SRODocker,
I see that you have a couple vents on the front of your trailer. Are they the one that get used on 280 / 250 shelters? Did you do that or were they there when you got it?
I'm thinking of adding vents on the lower section, above the 105 bed, in the section that gets covered when its down.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did some painting before taking it out,
P8050007.jpg

W/ the top up, . . .and down in travel mode.
P8050011.jpg P8110021.jpg

In set-up mode,
P8240006.jpg

As you can see . . . ran out of paint before I was done :(

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inside view

Ok, now that I've been living in it for a little while (didn't really use it till Elise did her solo trip back down to J-Tree . . . it was the bike maintainance/repair station until then) I've got it "mocked-up" for what will be some of it's build. Not what I first thought, . . . but somehow things are settling into their places.

All the metal framing is as I got it. we've put some insulation in the roof, and the corner that I sleep in. Other than that it's just been figuring out how much will be cooking area, how much storage, etc.

Here's a peek into my world,
11-09-21 (0).jpg 11-09-21 (1).jpg

And how it's looking in camp,
11-09-21 (3).jpg

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it back to base camp in J-Tree, time to do some more work on it.
First things first, . . . does anyone know where I can get vents like they use on the shelters? Or even what they are called so I can search them. Vents are def needed! Something about camping in the desert, in the summer, in an alum box, w/o vents :cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks