• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Hardtop

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, but after all these years of living in rigs & trailers I'm against cutting holes in my roof. It will always need to be maintained so as not to leak. Now it's true you didn't say to mount it on the roof ;)
I'm looking for the mil spec vents that we see on S280's / S250's and the like. I did notice that srodocker has two on the front of his 105 hardtop. I'm guessing that it was done when it was in service.

Titanium Soldier

That trailer is pretty neat! i been thinking about turning my m105 into a camper, wasnt sure how much i could do with a relatively small area, but looks like its more than enough room if you set it up right!

Pawnshop

The exhaust fan in the M109/M185 shop vans vents out the side and has a flap that opens when it is on, and has a cover over the outlet on the outside, and moves a lot of air. I bet you could fine one of those in a MV scrap yard.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That trailer is pretty neat! i been thinking about turning my m105 into a camper, wasnt sure how much i could do with a relatively small area, but looks like its more than enough room if you set it up right!
Thanks,
In `99 I built a trailer that is 7' wide & 8' long w/ a bow top (kind of vardo style) that's been my home ever since. I now spend more time sleeping in Elise's 109 w/ her ;)
This 105 is bigger than that, and I can stand up :grin: As I build it out I imagine I'll have even more in it than my old "Tea Cart". It's like a bigger version that I can pull w/ the little Draggin'.

It's all about using every inch [thumbzup]

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The exhaust fan in the M109/M185 shop vans vents out the side and has a flap that opens when it is on, and has a cover over the outlet on the outside, and moves a lot of air. I bet you could fine one of those in a MV scrap yard.
We have one of those that I pulled out of the She Beast, in it's place I put in a 12v case fan to use as an stove exhaust vent. (the box is 12v w/ it's own batts & alt, and at some point soon solar panels) I'm planing to go the same route w/ this build as they are quieter and take up less space.
Of all the vents that I've dealt w/ over the years of rig builds I really like the ones that they use on the shelters.
PA160032.jpg PA160033.jpg

I want to keep the mil style on the outside. If I can find ones big enough I may put some on the sides instead of windows . . . maybe I'll put in opening windows w/ covers made like the vent covers ;) . . . , . . . I still want a couple/ few vents for the front. W/ just the front vents open, the upper section of the door open, and insulation, I'll be able to take shelter inside during the mid-day desert burn and be ok. If I add some shade over the trailer (camo netting, shade cloth, etc.) and open the doors all the way, I'll be COOLLY spending that time relaxing :cool:

Oh, and MV scrap yards are far from us out here . . . unless I come across some in a ghost/ mining town . . . seen em [thumbzup]

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread, but any chance of getting a pic of the jack set up used to raise and lower the top and possibly the pin points in the corners?
Yes there is ;)
This is the Jack, both in it's stowed position and as it would be set up in the center of the bed.

11-08-05 (1).jpg 11-08-05 (2).jpg

And this is the pin point

11-08-05 (5).jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks