• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Hitch/Brake conversion.

ecotrek

Great to hear your conversions is giong well.
The drop jack I used is a Ram model number TJD-7000S
American Rockwell number JDS07-28PP

Hope this helps,
Jeff

pontiacman

Thanks a bunch! I bought a cheap jack just to lighten the load but want to go the route you did. Need the height. I may do a frame off but not sure yet. Thanks for all the great info. I love this hobby! Pics soon!

ecotrek

This is a weld-on drop jack. The top of the jack to the top of the frame rail is 9.5 inches.
That will leave about 20 inches of ground clearance with the jack fully retracted.
Be sure to weld the jack on the driver's side, not the passenger side like I did-makes it a lot easier to operate.
I hope this helps.
Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks