• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a2 question

Flyingvan911

Not that I'm aware of. The military sent a bunch to VSE to be rebuilt in 2006. Mine was rebuilt then parked. The newest you'll find would likely be a 2006 rebuild.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The latest actual build date I've seen is 1987, but as Flyingvan911 states, they have been rebuilt from frame up by VSE Corp. They are still in active service, at least in some NG units.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't be surprised if some manufacturer in some favored congressional district is turning them out. I think over the years DOD has bought 10 M105 trailers for every truck there is to pull one.

swindad2

Wish I could find one close, for what I've seen them go for at auction. But yeah, I've seen them from the 1960's up to probably 2006.

Aerialfred

aua Mine was rebuilt by VSE and the racks will not fit in the holes. Holes must have been made too small. Do I possibly have the wrong type of racks? They came off of another 105A2, as I took them off myself. I thought everything was supposed to interchange? Has anyone else run into this problem?

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I could find one close, for what I've seen them go for at auction. But yeah, I've seen them from the 1960's up to probably 2006.
The earliest I've seen is a 1953 Freuhauf - I actually have it:grin:. It's 51 years old this year.

Flyingvan911

It appears that VSE messed up a bunch of them to one degree or another. I think one of my racks wouldn't quite fit right. A minor adjustment fixed it. Other people have had to do more.

Gunzy

My M105A2 has a build date in 1984 and an overhaul date in 2009. This thing was "AS NEW" due to O/H and then just sat in storage. Hand new 9.00X20 NDTs on it too.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Larry,
I have a decent 105 that would look good behind your truck. It came out of Ft Knox.
JC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks