• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Recovery

dittle

All,

Just had a very interesting day picking up my M105A2 from Camp Ripley. I won't tell the story so that I don't get anyone from GL in trouble, but lets say that I spent 8 hours on the road to get my trailer when I should have spent 5. Trailer has a little cosmetic damage on the sides from a fork truck, but other than that it is in near new shape. Gotta wonder if someone picked out the wrong trailer to put in the DRMO. Pictures are attached. Trailer pulled like a dream at 70mph going down the interstate. Took an hour to flip the lunette when I got home.

Dan

Attachments

dk8019

The trailers they are getting rid of seems to have little to do with reason. Mine had practically new tires, and it was in excellent shape, I don't really mind as long as they only cost $150.

papercu

to have little to do with reason
M35 are on the way out, so no need for the A2 trailers. They are been replaced with the A3 trailers for the FMTV series. They also have to get rid of the 9.00 tires, nothing to use them on now. Wayne

dittle

New type of bed and frame. It has some extra tie down points that some of the older A2's don't have. I had a guy try to talk me into trading this one for one of his older A2's.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the latest style of bed for the M105A2 and A3.. Made by Pribbs.. Same guys who make the beds for FMTV's. http://www.pribbs.com/index.htm

Only thing that doesnt make a whole lot of sense is the reinforcements on the INSIDE of the bed.....

Very nice, I bet there isnt any rust on the bed. Looks like they put a new bed on a old chassis... (commonly done)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks