• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2`s

hippiedude

Just won 6 on GL last week. I need a plan on getting them home in one trip.I was thinking of removing the tires and piggy backing them, flip one upside down on top of another.. 4 on a equipment trailer and 2 on the deuce ..Think they would be to high ??? They are up at Loring AFB Limestone Me.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think they will be hard to hold, one upside down in another. Especially that high up on a deuce. But if you take the wheels off, won't it set better inside the other. As for tying them, I'm used to commercial equipment trailers that are set up for that sort of thing, and a Deuce bed is short of the same kind of ties. You'll really want them tied well. Maybe you,ll want all the wheels/tires off, to keep them lower. If some or all have racks/bows, etc., that and the wheels will make a sizable load all by itself, volume & weight wise.

Lee in Alaska

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would load them on the trailer like we do on a rail car that is tailgate down and lunnette skyward all strapped securely together and chained to the trailer so absolutly no movement of the chains is visible when struck with a 2 lb hammer. If that is too high then angle them until you get them low enough to travel and do the bracing and blocking again.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're talking 15,800# in trailers. Probably doable but it will be some work. Bring plenty of ratchet straps.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Link em all together and daisy chain them going down the road! ;) That would be highly illegal, unsafe, but man it would be interesting to see!

Good luck in bringing your new trailer fleet home...

Towerguy1

I was going to Bid on some of them but I guess I fell asleep at the wheel.......

Glad someone else here took advantage of the big sale!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks