• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Trailer ... Anybody know the weight of the bed?

oddshot

Does anybody know the weight of the bed for an M105A2 trailer?

I just bought an M105 trailer ... I intend mounting the bed onto the back of my F 150 Pickup ... to make kinda of a mini Deuce and a half.

I know its a foot longer ... and wider.

But the extra foot is towards the rear of the wheels ... the wheel arches are almost EXACTLY in the same spot as the wheel arches of the Ford's bed.

This will almost be a direct bolt on.

I'm going ahead with the project ... I'm just trying to get a feel for how much I might have to punch up my rear springs.

oddshot

oddshot

900 lbs give or take.
Is that a guesstamit or a firm number?

I'll be doing all of the work by myself and need to get whatever rigging I'm gonna need.

If I could get the "shipping weight" of just the bed it would be more of a help. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks
oddshot

oddshot

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/15970-m105a2-trailer-bed.html

I read a bobbed thread last year where the guy weighed a 105 A3 bed & it was somewhere around 900 lbs. I can't find it now.
That might not be a bad guess.

I might have found a way to figure it all out.

The Chassis used for this trailer is a M103A1 Trailer Chassis. The NET WEIGHT of this thing is 1,660 pounds ... according to a couple of on line sources.

Subtract that from the Net vehicle weight 2650 pounds of the M105A2 Trailer (spec from the manual) leaves ... about 1010 pounds.

About a half a ton ... give or take.

Thanks.

oddshot

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks