• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 trailer box

swampzr2

Has anyone bought the 105A2 box and made a trailer out of it? if so what axles did you use and what was the overall weight?

I see Gov. Liquidation sells them in lots of (3) without the frame and axles.

swampzr2

That can be easily made. What do these sell for on average for the lot of 3?

I was thinking of getting some Junkyard axles and springs from a Silverado and putting them under it.

I believe they have no tailgates with them , that kind of turned me off .

swampzr2

The M105's I saw in Sparta WI were selling for over $400, the M101's were $500 plus.

I really want a M101 but they not for that price!

Where did you see them selling for Minimum bid?

For the price youd be better off just getting one complete M105. Quite a few go for minimum bid.

flyxpl

I have seen them sell in pairs for less then 600 . You will have more than 500 in one trying to build from junkyard parts . You need to bid when their are several trailers , The smaller the number of trailers, the higher they go .

Oldfart

I know of a lot of 3 at Fort Riley, Kansas that sold for something like $500 plus all the fees. I also saw a lot of 3 in Georgia that looked really rusty and they were at minimum bid to the end of the auction. I did not have a bid on those, so I don't know the final sale amount, but I assume it was not much over $150. ~~ I have seen single trailer beds, but at $150 plus fees as a minimum it did not make any sense to bid on them. If you want to use the bed to build your own trailer, then consider how your state would title your project. Some states don't require trailers to have a title or meet many requirements while others seem to require all sorts of inspections (wonder when they will get to wanting crash tests on homebuilt's.) We are finding most final sales prices for complete M101's and M105's to be in the area of $500 for something decent with side racks and usually a canvas cover. Then occasionally everyone is asleep at their keyboards and something nice slips through at minimum.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The M105's selling cheap are mostly in GA/AL areas. I know of dozens lately that have gone for minimum bid or slightly above it.

Agreed Sir...In my case...I won 1 trailer...sent in a EUC for ONE trailer....but got charged and invoiced for SIX trailers!!!!!!!:eek:

Still trying to figure that one out...but for the price...I ain't gonna make no waves in the Force!!!

KsM715

Tigerfan2, did you get that one? I was watching those (both the 101's and the 105's) and really really wanted to throw a min. bid at them but I just cant do it right now.