• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a2 Trailer purchase?

You must have a super heavy duty 1/2 ton. I have seen M105s push a 3/4 ton around pretty hard. It is like towing a Chevrolet Nova or Camaro on a tow bar. Without trailer brakes, a 1/2 ton has no business trying to put the skids on a 2750 pound trailer. You surely do not want to slide into or strike another vehicle, driving slow, your fault or not. Some greedy soul with a good attorney will own most of what you do now. It can be done, but it is definitely not worth the risk. When I was a teenager, I would have done it. Not anymore! We have a guy that pulls a 105 with a 2WD Tacoma here in town, it is ugly.

Trailer round here don't need brakes under 3K lbs.

Say, Ripcord, have you inspected the trailer yet? Why is the light hanging? Just missing the bolts? Is the bracket broken or missing? Is there a picture that shows it better?

Somethings need more than epoxy. Somethings need duct tape!

Just curious too.

Um it's missing the right light as well, isn't it? hmmmm

Camo Duct tape!

Right one is there

Attachments

AMX

(quote)
Remember you can get a license plate in Maine for way cheaper than MD.

You put plates on a trailer up there?

91W350

"Trailer round here don't need brakes under 3K lbs."

MD does not have a percentage of GVW brake law? You could legally tow an M105 with a VW pickup and no trailer brakes? Most states have a percentage of weight law, or the towing vehicle has to be a certain percentage of GVW. I would check before I mortgaged my property on a poor decision to tow a trailer too heavy for my tow vehicle. Some risks are just not worth taking. Glen

Ripcord01

You got that trailer at a great price! Sides might be hard to find though. I need a better picture of that type of rear stabilizer leg when you get it.

You can easily wire a 4 plug into the harness and swap in some 12v lights.

Remember you can get a license plate in Maine for way cheaper than MD.

If you need help and you from my area just drop me a line and I can help you wire it up. a little epoxy will fix that light right up.
It was my foot in the door with purcahsing a product from GL. I was not able to preview the trailer before final close due to you needed an appointment,but to that is no big deal. It has a few holes that have been " camo taped" I was informed. Nothing that I can't fix. I might take you up on this offer of needed ,Thanks for the offer.

"Trailer round here don't need brakes under 3K lbs."

MD does not have a percentage of GVW brake law? You could legally tow an M105 with a VW pickup and no trailer brakes? Most states have a percentage of weight law, or the towing vehicle has to be a certain percentage of GVW. I would check before I mortgaged my property on a poor decision to tow a trailer too heavy for my tow vehicle. Some risks are just not worth taking. Glen
Not that I am aware of.

Anyways, I was just commenting to the people who where saying how much it weighed and that he would burn up his truck. It's less than 3k and I am sure his truck can trailer more than than. I'm not talking about a loaded m105, just towing it home. My s-10 blazer can tow 6k.