• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 vs M105A1 What the diff??

gocmndo

What is the difference between the M105A2 and the M105A1? Is one more desirable then the other? What are the M105A2's going for?
Thanks for the help.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
The first two questions are fairly well covered in past threads. You can search for that info without too much problem. The final question is impossible to answer. It varies week-to-week depending on how many are for sale, condition, and what part of the country. It has been normal that your half of the country is more expensive then the east coast though mostly because the number of bases that they are being sold out of.

If you are towing with a CUCV then I would suggest a M101 or a M116 trailer. The M105 is better suited for a Deuce or 5ton.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mainly the axle/hubs/brakes. Other than that. they are identical. Cost? Like Builder said, depends.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A2 has the way more desirable crank up style landing gear.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Man, I am striking out today...........

Everyone, ignore me until next week!!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know, clinto! Maybe Kenny is going to have to change his avatar to the Red Baron! He'll come from high above. Out of the sun and clouds, and gitcha!

He's always right on! You just have to be on your game when Recovry4x4 is at the table!

Hang in there! You're o.k.! :D

gocmndo

I have read posts about setting up surge brakes on a M105. My CUCV has 4" of lift and 37" HUMVEE tires so the height of the M105 lines up better then a M101.
Has anyone had success with using a CUCV to tow a M105. I do understand the weight issue and will be using the trailer for camping gear and the such. I have no intention of testing the payload of the trailer.

HeadWizard

Just towed two M105A2's back from Mechanicsburg, PA (120 miles) with my '95 3/4 ton Suburban and didn't even know they were back there. Couldn't get the pintle hitch high enough to get the trailer level, but it didn't seem matter.

One of them is a 1958 Checker Cab built unit and it has the crank up landing gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks