• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m105a2 with 14.5R20 tires

Deuce007

Has anyone ever changed out the original tires on their m105a2 with the 14.5R20s? I would like to have the trailer tires match the ones on my m35a3. I am just a little worried that the extra width of the 14.5R20 tires will be too wide for the trailer and will hang out far beyond the wheel wells. Any pics would be great, Thanks.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone ever changed out the original tires on their m105a2 with the 14.5R20s? I would like to have the trailer tires match the ones on my m35a3. I am just a little worried that the extra width of the 14.5R20 tires will be too wide for the trailer and will hang out far beyond the wheel wells. Any pics would be great, Thanks.
I have 14.5's on one of my trailers.

14.5's 10.jpg

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Can't remember who's these pics are, but I had saved them to my HD since I'm planning to do the same.

G.
Looking at these pics, looks like that if a bunch of weight is put in the trailer, the tires will rub

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, you are probably right; it was my concern, too. I think this could be solved by extending the fenders about 2 inches.

G.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What needs to be done is to load a STOCK trailer, see how far it sits down, then add a couple of more inches for uneven travel, then go from there

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 14.5's do not hit anything loaded or empty.
I can even stow the rear gate on the side.

14.5's 11.jpgDriveway 028.jpgDriveway 029.jpg