• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2

Rebelpride

I won a M105A2 at Lejune last week and according to the manual it weighs 2700lbs, and I have a M1009 and I know the manual says tow nothing over 1200lbs. So the question is can I tow my trailer home with the Blazer or do I need to drive the Deuce down to pick it up?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a long way with a 1/2 ton truck. Anyone you know have a 3/4 or 1 ton truck?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a buddy with a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton pickup? The M1009 isnt really big enough (braking would be a problem), and while the deuce is a perfect prime mover, it's a bit overkill for just recovering the traler... WhenI got my M105A2, I towed it for 4 hours with my Dodge 1500, no problems...

maxpshop

Congrats on the trailor. If the blazer is a full size, you should have no problem.

I towed mine home with full size half ton Dodge Ram. I did not know it was even back there.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1009's are big enough, the problem is the gears. I would try to find someone with a standard pickup to get it for you.

Croatan_Kid

I've gotta 1008 and Lejune is merely an hour and a half away. I'll go get it and you can bring the Duece to my house :D

Seriously though, if you want me to I can get it I think. Couldn't really bring it to you though.

What part of NC you live in?

ida34

I pulled home my M103 trailer with the two 10 gensets on it. I pulled it with my M1009 cucv. I did not go to fast. Only 65 at the most. It really was not much of a problem. I added extra space for stopping but a couple of panic stops did just fine.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Are you guys going to make me dig up my pics of me towing home my M105 with a Volvo station wagon again?

ida34

Wasn't it posted the last time the topic of pulling an M105 with an M1009 came up? It can't have been more than a month ago since we visited this topic.

chevycrew

This is another one of those common topics. I say go for it, just plan your stops.

Not really an issue if you are careful.

But a Duramax sure would make it a quicker trip....

tklm539

I did 4 hours with a Jeep Cherokee over two sets of mountains.

It worked but was not a lot of fun and made my wife really anger

If possible get a bigger truck.. It is a really big and heavy trailer

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have towed an M105 with a Blazer when no other option was available. I, too, would recommend using a truck with lower gearing if possible, but the truck can pull it safely IMHO. I preferred using my old M1028 for such jobs. The worst thing about using the M1009 is the M105 slopes down pretty severely due to its height.