• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A3 bed for bobber... anyone

wehring

Has anyone used an M105A3 trailer bed for a bobbed conversion yet? I love how the rear lights are mounted. Don't know if the shallow fender wells will pose a problem or not...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Thanks...

Do you have one? I would love to get my hands on one (even if it is a loaner) to better research this.

For starters I can use a measurement between the verticle pannels of the wheels wells. They are wider between the wheel wells than the A2s but I don't know how much. I need to see if they will clear the tires on the bobbers.

Thanks!

Justin

hoopsoft

uh save some for the rest of us now.. I wished you could train two of them together, not sure if it would be legal though, they do it with semi trailers.

wehring

Train

DO NOT TRAIN THE M105s!!!!!! I did this from AL and posted a caution thread on it. I have pulled many trailers in train config with no problems but the M105s are very dangerous! I bridled the two together to get home but I will never do it again.

Justin
979 997 3112

DUECE-COUPE

i used a105a2 generator trailer. after you cut it down to what you want, you have a better bed than the a3. the a3 is only 34 inches wide and then you have the fenders sticking out the sides. the 105a2 gen trailer gives more options. the 105a3 is a rarer trailer and harder to get parts for. on the up side, the only part that is hard to obtain is the fender. every thing else is just plate steel and tubing.

asgtoolman

I am putting an M116a3 bed on mine, should have photos to post by the end of the week--I went with this bed because outside of fender to outside of fender on trailer bed exactly matches front fenders on cab. I went with this 8' bed because I wanted my truck as short as possible; even changed to a 15,000 pound electric winch which saved over a foot from a PTO operated winch