• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A3 Cargo Hoop Help

Unforgiven

Can somebody explain to me what exactly these five brackets on each side are used for? The cargo hoops (5 of them) go into the 5 upright stakes on each side from front to back. Are these brackets used for some kind of reinforcing? They are bolted to the top rail, 5 on each side. I assume they are unbolted & used for .... ? Thanks.

trailerbows.jpg

KsM715

They are for storing the top bows when you need to transport something taller than the bows but still need to take the bows with you.

Edit: they are on the m101 and m105 series trailers.

pic borrowed from another thread.

Attachments

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Thanks. Do the cargo cover bows simply slide into the uprights or do they have to be bolted in? Also, how does the canvas/vinyl attach? Is it simply roped through grommets on the bottom of the canvas to the tie downs around the trailer?

Nonotagain

they slide in. Cover is attached via tie down ropes onto the trailer tie down hooks
Mine have straps for the bow at the front and rear that attach to the bows in addition to the rubber bungie cords.

Once the cover is is place, it will withstand 60mph winds and 3 feet of snow as we experienced this past winter.

Nonotagain

You wouldn't happen to have any old pics of the cover in place would you?
The trailer that I have the cover on is down at my Mom-n-Dads house, 250 miles away.

I do however have a trailer at my house that I can put the cover on later today.

Its over 100 right now so I'd kinda like it to cool down a little bit before venturing outside again.

Unforgiven

Yeah, it's scorching here in Las Vegas as well. I just bought an M105A3. It came complete with bows & cover. When it gets cooler (mid-August) I want to assemble it & take it camping. Until I get around to making a slide-in camper for the Deuce (2-3 yrs) I figured the covered trailer would make a good camping tent. After the camper is done, the M105 will make a good extra-gear trailer.

I was thinking of maybe trying to find a used Polaris RZR (the small one) to toodle around while camping w/ the wife. It JUST fits inside an M105 bed without modifications. The tail lights on the trailer make the tailgate too narrow for any other UTV models w/o modification.

Looking forward to the pics.

Nonotagain

Pics of M105A3 with cover.

Also, make sure that you get/got the trailer jack seen on the right corner of my trailer.

The A3 tailgate is almost as wide as the wheel wells. The wheel wells are close to a foot wider than the A2 version, so don't let the tailgate width fool you, as it's wider than the A2 wheel wells.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks