• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a3 trailer, ugly yes or no?

Ironwood

I just picked one up, and I really like it. Jack stinks, but that is an easy fix. I will tear it apart, use the bed/tarp as "modular" unit on the back of my dually and the surge and frame will end up with a a 788 shelter on it. I will run a metric 8 bolt axle F-450/550 pattern to match my truck and use the tires as steers on my Freightliner FC80. Cannibalize!!!

Attachments

Ironwood

So, I got some 16.5" wheels off a 1061A1 and put them on the M105A3, the only modification needed will be a slight cutting of one of the bed channels that MIGHT hit the sidewall when the springs are fully compressed, so grinder and cutoff wheel and 20 minutes. FYI for the folks in the future who want to do this mod. (putting the 16.5" wheels on). The U Channel is the one right above the tire in the third picture just visible above the tire at 12 "noon"

Attachments

pmramsey

I removed the tires that came with my M105A3 and replaced them with tires from a bolster trailer. They are lower and wider. Using the surge brakes, it is a fine and well balanced trailer for the Dodge ram and the dully CUCV.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have both types of M105, and I like both. I see no need to slag one to praise the other.
Except the original A3 landing leg, not much to defend that....:-?

And I would like to have an A3 deuce to haul my M105A3, I happen to like the way they look.
To each his own, that's what makes the hobby what it is, you buy what YOU like.

Cheers

Ironwood

I just checked my lights on the A3 and they are 12 AND 24 volt, AWESOME, no need t ospend time and money t oconvert to civilian versions. NICE, FYI, Perhaps all are??

Ironwood

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks