• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1061 m1048 trailer worth!!!

rogerm101a2

Hello,
I have been looking at this 5 ton trailer for my deuce.. I have found one on eBay and its going pretty cheap. Can anyone tell me what these things are used for and what is a good price on these trailer. Thank you

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
They were used for a few differant things, laundry trailers, gensets, ect. I used mine to haul my tractor, but decided it was way to heavy and replaced it with a civy heavy equipment trailer. I sold mine for $1000 which was cheap.

Oldfart

They were used for a few differant things, laundry trailers, gensets, ect. I used mine to haul my tractor, but decided it was way to heavy and replaced it with a civy heavy equipment trailer. I sold mine for $1000 which was cheap.

mdmorgan is right about cheap. My son bought one from GL auction and that day they sold from $1100 up to $1800 depending on condition. Then add the buy fee and taxes not to mention the SF97 and then title costs.

3dAngus

Those are good prices,especially if in good condition. Condition is EVERYTHING!
I have one with a removeable tower, all new tires, and a camo tarp over the tower.
Very unique and in excellent condition and I would not take less than $2500, so that will give you an idea of the extreme price range based on condition and amenities.
Also, the M106 as a 5 ton is the perfect fit for the box on back of a M109/185 if you wanted to make a coversion camper on a trailer, rather than carrying on a deuce. Both are 14'X8' and the M1061 will hold 10,000 pounds where the M109 box is about 3800 pounds empty.
If I don't sell mine, I'm thinking of making the conversion trailer camper, freeing up the M35A2 carrier deuce and only dragging along the box when it is desired.

OH, here's a pic of what you can do if you come up with the removeable tower. It has a FMTV cover on it which is not a perfect fit, nor is it tucked up and in there quite right yet, but it will do for a quick throw on. Also, not sure about yours, but with the square tube landing legs on all four sides, you can pick up the entire trailer off the tires and change out a tire if you wish. Good luck!

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
As stated a lot has to be said for condition and accessories. The (towers) aka goalposts give the ability to add a canvas cover. The MTV cover is the closest match to a nearly impossible to find original cover.

I have a 1061 and it has provided almost 3 years of valuable service. I've carried vehicles, shelters, and up to 17 pallets on it (double stack of 8 to a layer and one pallet on the tongue). I've carried a lot of weight on it and it's towed well. It is heavy for a deuce. The landing legs give an advantage over other trailers. They can't cut sharp corners when backing though without binding. Overall it is nearly the perfect trailer but I'd still like it to lose a thousand pounds and come with factory installed loading ramps. For me, conveyor rollers would also be a bonus for moving pallets on and off.

1500 is cheap assuming it comes with title or is a non-title state. If buying from a non-title state, you should be able to title it in a title state with a bill of sale and former registration.

I'd say 2K and up for a good one is more likely.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got the M1061. If you do a search, lot of threads about them. Finally got ramps for it. Have the towers, and cover, it's a very useful trailer. Added wood sides to haul firewood. Got it from maddawg, thanks! And as others have said, it's heavy for a deuce, especially when loaded. But the M35 does pull it, and it has good brakes.

Jmac92

I've got the M1061. If you do a search, lot of threads about them. Finally got ramps for it. Have the towers, and cover, it's a very useful trailer. Added wood sides to haul firewood. Got it from maddawg, thanks! And as others have said, it's heavy for a deuce, especially when loaded. But the M35 does pull it, and it has good brakes.
Where did you get the ramps for this trailer? I just got a M1061A1 and I have been looking for some ramps

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
This is a 4 year old thread. The M1061 doesn't have ramps (original). Military never had them for this trailer. You will also have to have ramps made or modified to fit. Also note that the 'holes' in those pieces of metal on the back of the trailer are actually lifting eyes and not mounting points for ramps. They are not quite in line with each other if you look at it from the side.

Rear axle in ditch, raise front as high as possible, block wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks