• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1061 trailer help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickfarms

Two major violations in most states

First most states require trailer brakes for a trailer over 3000 pounds

second you towed a trailer that has a gvw of close to 16000 pounds with a 3/4 ton truck. This far exceeds the capicity of your truck. In the event of an accident they will go by the GVW

You made it and that is great.

What would have happened if you blew a tire? Any tire on the truck or trailer at that speed.

It is all good until the unexpected happens. I have seen it all over the years.

Bighurt

second you towed a trailer that has a gvw of close to 16000 pounds with a 3/4 ton truck. This far exceeds the capicity of your truck. In the event of an accident they will go by the GVW
Try telling that to the RV dealership...

BTW you are correct I'm just pointing out that is a widespread violation. I think of it like a Beehive, mess with it and your bound to get stung. Toyhaulers are the worst, some Gross out at 18000k. Not a lot of pick-ups with that capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks