• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1061a1

mattveeder

I was wondering how many of us out there have used their m35 trucks to pull these trailers? I bought one on govliquidation a while back (waiting on sf-97) and plan on using my m35 to pull it. My only plan is to convert it to haul my m37 on it. But when I look at pics that are posted these trailers are never behind an m35. So my question is did I make a bad move?

Nonotagain

I was wondering how many of us out there have used their m35 trucks to pull these trailers? I bought one on govliquidation a while back (waiting on sf-97) and plan on using my m35 to pull it. My only plan is to convert it to haul my m37 on it. But when I look at pics that are posted these trailers are never behind an m35. So my question is did I make a bad move?
The trailer weighs 5850 lbs bare. The deuce is large enough to pull it, just it's going to lack power on the hills.

The 37" deck height is going to require a loading ramp or a set of custom ramps fabricated to get your M37 on and off.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They were made for mobile laundry units and water purification units. It was supposed to be pulled by a 5ton, but know some that use them with the deuce. Good luck.

MDSA

I have pulled my 1061a1 a few times behind my Deuce. No problems. I can tell it's back there but no real issues. Stopping is actually easier with the 1061A1 since there are 4 extra brakes at work. However, I have never hauled more than a few hundred pounds on it. I have never gotten near capacity so stopping should be your main concern with a M37 on it.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I use mine to pull my tractor. It is kinda heavy but pulls fine, i need to work on the brakes on the trailer (thanks GL forklift) but i have no problems stopping it. only problem i've have was when i had the backhoe on my tractor it was kinda tail heavy and the trailer wanted to wiggle a little.

Attachments

mattveeder

Thanks for all the info. I am not regreting the purchase yet. But this wait for my euc to be approved is going on longer than I had imagined. So I will post pics as I fab up the ramps and such. Lets just not tell my wife that I am going through the trouble just so I dont have to pull my civilian car trailer behind the duce. It just doesnt seem to military to me.

Unforgiven

flat bed removable?

To all the M1061 owners,

Is the flat bed removable. That is, can it be stripped to the frame or is is welded as one unit?

Thanks.

Unforgiven

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks