• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M106A1 parts wanted

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys,
Getting another vehicle up and running at the Museum. We've been hitting on it for a bit, but I have been overwhelmed by the kids activities and out of town visitors so I have been neglecting my duties for 6 weeks or so. It started by attempting to locate the wing bearings for the final drive, the right side ones were destroyed, the museum got the vehicle in this condition. Found them after some digging and sending a sample off to a local Spicer dirtributor. Got those installed and started working on getting the Driptroit breathing again.....I love diesel, it is so easy to make run after sitting long periods. Accomplished that, sounds great! Next was track adjusters. Pulled one off, took it apart and rebuilt it...pretty easy, but this one was a training tool for the ones on the M901, so I did some things differently on the ones I did after this one, I gotta pull this one back down and do it the "better" way. Did fluid checks and gave it a good lube and after sitting in the same spot for a very long time...maybe 10 to 15 years...it moved, under it's own power, to the shop for further repairs :jumpin:. The cooling fan was locked up. This means the top of the vehicle had to come off. While disconnecting the radiator pipes, we found them plugged solid with silicone drop out from the very old coolant :cry:. We figured since the radiator was gonna be accessable, now was a good time to do it right. Out came the cooling package for an overhaul. I repaired the fan assembly by taking two used, but damaged fan assemblies and making a single good working assembly. We got it back together yesterday and it was fired and moved again. In the weeks it has been a fixture in the shop, the referrals and student volunteers have been prepping it for paint. I needed to get it back running to raise the ramp for prep work, I feel bad since it was kinda my hold up :cry: No pics right now, I have been lazy...I still have not posted the pics from Tehachapi :roll:, I will, I promise. We are in need of 3...well 4 things really...to make this unit complete. The components to ground mount the 107mm mortar are stowed on the outside of the vehicle. We are in need of the baseplate, the round plate mounter on the RH rear fender of the vehicle, the rotator plate and bridge assembly that is stowed on the LH side of the vehicle....and I guess the mortar or just the interior bridge stuff would be nice :wink:. Anyone have any leads on who might have or know of someone that has the stuff? Any leads are greatly appreciated.
Pics to follow.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks