• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m106a1 questions

bgeraurd

m1061a1 questions

I have found an m106a1 trailer about 100 miles from my house that is pretty clean for $1800 and I have a couple questions about them. What size tires do they run? How hard is it to find spare wheels, this one doesn't have a spare and I don't want to leave home without one? Can they be converted to electric brakes? I intend to use it to haul hay behind my 03 dodge 3/4. I like these trailers because they look well built and have the stabilizers at all 4 corners. Any info would be appreciated and some pictures of the suspension and underneath frame rails would be awesome.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They are HEAVY. I doubt it will be worth the purchase if you only have a 3/4 ton Dodge to pull it with.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are we perhaps talking about the M1061, a flatbed, rather than the M106, which is a water tank trailer?

If so, the M1061 uses 12-16.5 tires.

Cheers

bgeraurd

No I'm talking about a m106a1. They aren't that heavy at 6k, my 30 foot gooseneck weighs more than that. If I put 6k on a trailer that weighs 6k it won't be bad at all. That's what load assist bags and trailer brakes are for.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
double check your data tag as the m1061 have the 4 legs on each corner and dual axles and are 6 ton.

There is also another variant 7 ton m1048

If so on a m1061, the tires are hard to find and expensive as not a common size. PM me if they are 12 x 16.5

post pics to help us id for you

gimpyrobb

Sounds like your not sure what your talking about. I did a search for a m106a1 and it came up as an APC.
What you are describing is a m1061.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you looking at this type of trailer? It is a M1061A1

m106a1.jpgm106a1-a.jpga9.jpga5.jpga2.jpga6.jpga3.jpgm106a1-a.jpga7.jpga4.jpg

The pictures above are one that is listed for sale on the web for $1350. It is listed as a M106A1, which is a typo.

Any trailer can be converted to electric brakes if you have enough money. I would thing converting this one would get expensive

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

Just sounds like a lot of time and effort to haul hay. I would think there has to be something civilian that would be more suited.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have no tongue weight unloaded.

Towing that with a pickup truck is a very bad idea.

No easy or cheap way to change the brakes either.

bgeraurd

I am starting to agree with you. I just thought it would be nice to through 60 or 70 bales on and cruise. My gooseneck is more than suited for the job but it's like towing an aircraft carrier. I have a 16 foot car hauler but the last time I put 50 bales on it it looked quite sad. These trailers seem very well made and I just thought it would be a good fit for what I need.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would need to stack pretty high to get 60 bales on one!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The deck height is high to start with.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The price is a little high also, especially if not in cherry shape but you already said no spare. I paid $700 for mine from a private buy with vg tires to include spare and everything working.

I like it for towing behind a deuce or 5 ton but you would be a less than bright person for towing one behind a standard pickup truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The looks of the trailer are deceiving. I towed an empty one home with a CUCV and it was super low in the front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks