• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 DDEC 2 diagnostic

Dm.mechanical

Hey there, new to the forum. Company I work for is looking at buying a m1070 with the 8v92 Ddec 2 motor and I’m wondering if anyone has any experience connecting a Nexiq Usb link to the diagnostic port with JPro software.

also, where is the diagnostic port on those trucks?

I have found the manuals for the machine but was also wondering if there’s a chassis software needed for it.

thanks in advance!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't speak to the specific diagnostic tools, nor am I certain about the DDEC 2 model, but the DDEC III/IV equipped M1070 has a J1708 diagnostic connector underneath the center console cover. There is also a STE/ICE military diagnostic connection port on the passenger side of the console. You can also make the truck blink codes at you through tue check engine and check gauges lights.

Dm.mechanical

I can't speak to the specific diagnostic tools, nor am I certain about the DDEC 2 model, but the DDEC III/IV equipped M1070 has a J1708 diagnostic connector underneath the center console cover. There is also a STE/ICE military diagnostic connection port on the passenger side of the console. You can also make the truck blink codes at you through tue check engine and check gauges lights.
Do you know what year it is ddec 3/4? I’m looking at a 2001.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know what year it is ddec 3/4? I’m looking at a 2001.
In my experience, the rebuild trucks are the DDEC III/IV, which tend to be the older 1993, 1994, etc. The newer trucks built in the 2000s were presumably, still new enough in 2007/2008 when the refurbishment was done to not need it.

Dm.mechanical

In my experience, the rebuild trucks are the DDEC III/IV, which tend to be the older 1993, 1994, etc. The newer trucks built in the 2000s were presumably, still new enough in 2007/2008 when the refurbishment was done to not need it.
Ok thanks, do you know if the 2001 would have the 12 pin rectangle diagnostic connector?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok thanks, do you know if the 2001 would have the 12 pin rectangle diagnostic connector?
I don't know of a 12 pin diagnostic connector, the J1708 6 pin (usually gray) is what was the standard for most of the time when the HETs were built and in use, the modern big truck diagnostic connector is the 9 pin J1939 and is usually green in color. The military STE/ICE connector is 54 pin (or something like that) and is large.

Dm.mechanical

I don't know of a 12 pin diagnostic connector, the J1708 6 pin (usually gray) is what was the standard for most of the time when the HETs were built and in use, the modern big truck diagnostic connector is the 9 pin J1939 and is usually green in color. The military STE/ICE connector is 54 pin (or something like that) and is large.
Those round plugs are what I'm used to but I see from the manual that they had an old GM/Detroit Diesel 12 pin rectangle at some point, maybe really early models. I'm all set up for connecting to the round plugs 1939/1708 and I have the software for the older DDEC engines.
For the blink codes on the HET, is there an over ride switch to activate them or do I have to jump pins?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those round plugs are what I'm used to but I see from the manual that they had an old GM/Detroit Diesel 12 pin rectangle at some point, maybe really early models. I'm all set up for connecting to the round plugs 1939/1708 and I have the software for the older DDEC engines.
For the blink codes on the HET, is there an over ride switch to activate them or do I have to jump pins?
I'm not sure about the 12 pin. The blink codes are accessed with (I think) the rocker switch next to the J1708 diagnostic port under the center console. I'm not 100% sure, as I haven't done it, but it is mentioned in the TM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks