• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1070-HET no jake brake or weak?

ger84

Hi all- So got this truck a few months ago and been driving it and doing a few little things etc. Lots of fun especially in New Jersey.... however I noticed that I don't feel the jake kicking in. Can anyone tell me if they hear or feel the jake when driving this truck? I have gone on youtube but i don't hear their jake brake but that could just be the video/sound. The circuit breaker seems fine (i pushed it in) and no difference. I also noticed that the selector for the jake brake cannot be turned off but there is a switch but its stuck to on i assume... anyone else have this or should it be able to turn on and off? The 4 cyl and 6cyl jake switch works fine but i don't feel a difference.... anyone have ideas. Plan to look at the wiring to the jake on the truck but thought it might be in the cab issue before i "pop" the hood etc...

also I unscrewed the pannel between the seats and found a "dig req" is this the plug where I can check codes on this engine? if so any recommendations for a reader or will my normal "cat" engine checker work with this plug. I know the plug type might not match but is there a adapter for this? thanks!

Thanks for your help

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks