• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070. Need new boot?

ger84

So just got an m1070…. Pictures didn’t show this as an issue till I got it home…. Anyone have any ideas where I can get a grease cover boot or do I need a whole new bushing etc? Bushing is tight but I imagine once I start driving it will become a problem.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

ger84

So just got an m1070…. Pictures didn’t show this as an issue till I got it home…. Anyone have any ideas where I can get a grease cover boot or do I need a whole new bushing etc? Bushing is tight but I imagine once I start driving it will become a problem.

thanks in advance.
Nobody has any ideas? Thx

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just looked in the parts manual for the truck and it looks like the whole bushing is what you replace. Just a guess though.

ger84

I just looked in the parts manual for the truck and it looks like the whole bushing is what you replace. Just a guess though.
Thanks- Yea i saw that too but doesn't make sense to replace the whole bushing/ bushing is fine it just the rubber gasket boot that is dry rotted...

like I know my 2.5 ton truck had zipper boots and I replaced without replacing the bushing... I donno- hoping someone has had this happen to them and what their experience or thoughts to do.

btw which tm were you looking at?

apprecitate your message!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM-9-2320-360-24P.HETPARTS.pdf Page 2-532

That I downloaded from the manual section on this site.

The zipper boot on a Deuce is not the same thing as the rubber sealing the rod end on the drag link assembly. It may feel like it should be replaceable and maybe it is but I wouldn't count on it. I'm hopeful some of my friends will chime in and prove me wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks