• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Air/Hydraulic Pump Electric Replacement

Ronmar

Well it was sure nice of them to fill in all the performance data... Looks like Stone became SPX and that model info is not listed on their website... Since the pump is inside the reservoir there is probably no pump displacement info easily available either without removing the can.

The smallest pump they now make is 0.8CC/REV which would probably yield 0.5-0.6GPM at 1500 PSI which would be ideal IMO and would provide a 20 second or so cab tilt with the least draw from the power system. Since they have always made a modular product, you might be able to get a 24V motor for that one. they have lots of distributors around...

Last edited:

charlesrg

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Reviving this thread as I could not find the Part number for the Electric + Manual pump that @Reworked LMTV got.
From the info @Ronmar posted the model that could work would be thePower Packer 24V 2100-2400 psi EP25044300 i

Got it from:
View attachment 828169

It costs about $895.
Anyone has an alternative that costs less ?
While I understand the desire for a manual backup, it's much more cost effective to carry a spare pump motor if failure is a concern.
I really love my 12v electric pump setup. It would take a dead battery bank to get you to a point of not being able to tilt the cab. It is way more dependable than the air/oil system. I have tilted my cab part way and it just sits there for days on end.

charlesrg

While I understand the desire for a manual backup, it's much more cost effective to carry a spare pump motor if failure is a concern.
I really love my 12v electric pump setup. It would take a dead battery bank to get you to a point of not being able to tilt the cab. It is way more dependable than the air/oil system. I have tilted my cab part way and it just sits there for days on end.
What's the model you've got ?

Reworked LMTV

Reviving this thread as I could not find the Part number for the Electric + Manual pump that @Reworked LMTV got.
From the info @Ronmar posted the model that could work would be thePower Packer 24V 2100-2400 psi EP25044300 i

Got it from:
View attachment 828169

It costs about $895.
Anyone has an alternative that costs less ?
There are LOTS of alternatives. Mine was from Ebay and used. You can also get replacement motors all over.

coachgeo

why cant you keep the manual pump??? would not two 3way valves to redirect flow to/from manual pump and electric pump work?

something like

or some other plumbing means like quick disconnects and just move hoses to manual or electric

Last edited:

Ronmar

If you are keeping the original manifold, you don’t need anything, in fact you only need a single acting pump with a pressure relief, a check valve and a return port to replace the AOP.

Now if you are getting rid of the manifold valve you will need a valve assembly or combination of valves to replace it if you are keeping cab tilt, tire crane and suspension compression.

If going manual only I would replace the hand pump with a different one made by the same manufacturer that has a reversing valve built into it(Broke Overland over on utube did this). With that hand pump, you would only need a manual 2way diverter(inexpensive valve) to get 2 functions like cab tilt and tire crane. You could do 3 functions with 2 diverter valves...

I have thought about going manual only cab tilt like BrokeO did, and relocating the pump up into the front bumper:) haven’t decided which way I will go yet.. I have a pair of large hydraulic trim pumps I have been meaning to experiment with but haven’t gotten to it. Just started moving into our new house yesterday after final inspect was signed off...

Third From Texas

This might be an option but I don't know the specs offhand. They are designed to lift the rear armored door on an MRAP so I assume it can handle the cab.
Bonus: It has a manual backup built-in.

They've been flowing off GP for weeks and I think it would work. Some scalper looks to be hoarding them all as usual, though. Maybe a few here looking could do a group bid on a set (they are only being sold four at a time). I pondered a set for another project, but went a different direction.

See : Navistar 3114386C91 Hydraulic Pump on GP

Attachments

charlesrg

This might be an option but I don't know the specs offhand. They are designed to lift the rear armored door on an MRAP so I assume it can handle the cab.
Bonus: It has a manual backup built-in.

They've been flowing off GP for weeks and I think it would work. Some scalper looks to be hoarding them all as usual, though. Maybe a few here looking could do a group bid on a set (they are only being sold four at a time). I pondered a set for another project, but went a different direction.

See : Navistar 3114386C91 Hydraulic Pump on GP
Interesting it seems to be 48V.
Picture taken from: https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/...ydraulic+Pump+on+GP&rr=0.2&hitprm=&pnLink=yes

I would take if it was 24V.
1615925610660.png

Third From Texas

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Yep

Still, you can get a stepdown off Amazon for under $50. I'm sure there is one out there than can handle the amps.

But then you still have a military unicorn with hard to find replacement parts when it breaks down, vs the electric one I used where every RV repair shop has parts....

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Did you have to I stall flow control valves? If so what valves did you use?
This is a prototype of a unit I had built to my specs for both cab tilt and tire carrier.
Dual valves, no flow controls needed, fits in the toolbox behind the cab, dual pendant control.
12vdc

I'm in the process of developing a mounting bracket for it. If anyone is interested I'll be taking pre-order deposits as soon as I finish testing and make needed modifications for final production.
20230707_141819.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks