• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Alternator Problem

deckerfire

We have three lmtvs all with bad alternators. Two of the m1078s have had them replaced in the last three years. I have sent two of them to neihoff authorized service centers and the parts that have failed are sealed in epoxy meaning can't be serviced. Spoke with neihoff directly. Any alternators or parts have to be purchased through a distributor and must have clearance from d.o.d. which takes 18 to 22 weeks. This is what I was told by neihoff. Honestly I wouldn't want to be on a trip with this truck and have an alternator failure again. Not worth the headache. I sleep easier knowing Napa will have repair parts. Regardless, for those interested i will post the information aboutbthe company im workimg with and pictures as soon as I have the aftermarket unit installed. Unit will be a direct bolt on with filtration. And you will not need the charge controller located by the spare tire.
Will a N1228 alternator fit the 1078

Ronmar

Thank you I also found a 12/24 Delco Remy 30si
Never seen one of those before. The ID plate in one of your pics says made for Cummins. Delco discontinued production of the 30SI, but you could probably still get parts for it, well maybe not for the dual volt circuitry/control portion… I way prefer commonly available/in stock, to expensive unobtanium…

What 200A did you wind up with?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks