• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 and others Ycable RS232

coachgeo

ok..... what did I get? is said to be

NOS Comtech Computer Cable, RS-232/DTE Remote, for FMTV LMTV M1078

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgcableEnd.jpg

took gamble that this was Y cable needed to hook laptop to diagnostic port in A0's... which obviously would only access tranny diagnostics since engine is not computerized

any guesses out there?

Last edited:

coachgeo

I am working on making a y cable for the CTIS.
what would be real beneficial is an adapter cable from Military to OBD II if the signal output of military pins are the same. Then OBDII products could be used. Obviously not a ctis thing...... but would be beneficial for folk with A1's and above and minimal benefit for A0's (rpm data and maybe some transmission data?)

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
First gen trucks with wtec2 have a square plug for trans diag. Some Allison dealers still have the interface for it. Requires special software or diag system for Allison stuff. You can pull codes from the keypad and I find them to be pretty accurate.