• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 at Ft Campbell

Aerialfred

I need to pick up a 998 too. They seem nice on the phone. Was told pickup is only 2 days a week! Thursday and Friday. Also was told I must be there by noon or close to it. That means I need to leave home by 7 a.m. Which is not a big deal, just a 5 hour drive one way. And I need to have a 3/4 or 1 ton truck and trailer with ramps. Seems no one in my area has one to rent. May need a shipper. Sorry to get away from topic. The post requires you to have insurance and registration on your tow vehicle or you will be denied entry.

Ue413

Thanks for the heads up Aerialfred....I saw the Thursday/Friday comment somewhere else and thought it couldn't be accurate, but now I know. You don't happen to know specifically where on base the vehicles are at?

when are you headed over? If our days align, would you have any interest meeting up to give each other a hand? I'm in the middle of figuring out what to do as I will be alone. I was originally planning to flat tow, but have been advised against it, so am planning on shipping or driving.

Aerialfred

I was told Gate 7. You need to call or email govplanet and advise them of when you want to pick up your vehicle. They may tell you a different place to pick up. Also, be POSITIVE you have the item release paper or you will be turned away. Don't know any shipping companies to hire there, so I am trying to arrange to send a rollback after mine if he can get me on the list. My guy is booked a week in advance! If I go, I will be there around noon. Be glad to help if I can but will be at the mercy of the driver since I will be riding with him and can not predict what his schedule will look like. Are you planning on using a trailer, or?

Ue413

Aerialfred, was your GP contact Larry J? Any issues getting in touch? My last pick up at Ft Riley, GP gave me a contact that was bad....finally figured it out from someone on this site.

Ue413

Quick follow up....the Fort was easy to access. Only open for pick up Thursday and Friday. Larry typically doesn't appear, but he has an associate that is friendly and helpful. Be warned, there is a gentleman that runs the lot that is not friendly, but is helpful.

Overall, a very good experience.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks