• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1078 com antenna

Feal318000

hi all, i finally have a passenger side com antenna mount with the spring base, i need the actual 2 piece antenna whip. (I love how these trucks look with the antenna on them) Unfortunately, before a large majority of military trucks get demilitarized, and available to the public, these parts are stripped off. That being said, i am looking for a mast to mount to the base i have. I have NO care at all about having the "proper" antenna mast, it is 100% for looks, so any antenna 1 piece, or 2 that looks somewhat similar to the one that the military uses on these trucks will be more than sufficient. I need no functionality out of this antenna, as it will never be hooked up to anything. Is there any chance someone on here has one and wants to sell it? If not, does anyone know what whips will be compatible with the military spring base? I've searched Flea-bay, and don't want to buy anything, just to find out it has different pitch threads, or wont work. Any help on this subject is appreciated.

Will, do you have any complete masts???

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I dont have any antenna stuff. Austin in TX has tons of that stuff but he wont know what fits what. He is on the forum under beltfed and on ebay.
Will

Feal318000

Thanks!! I just ordered one from the link you provided, numbers match, and great price. Better than fleabay.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, I found the upper part of that antenna in my truck when I brought it home. I should do some more digging and see if the lower section is also banging around in one of the compartments.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks!! I just ordered one from the link you provided, numbers match, and great price. Better than fleabay.
Awesome. Let me know how that works out. I have one of those same bases that I took off my truck so that I could use one of the broadband VHF/UHF antennas with ham radios. I could pick up the rest of the antenna and use it for the 6 meter band on ham radio.