• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 frame flex question/compared to Unimog frame flex

Duckworthe

Toby,
Yes very sorry to hear this. As much as Eastern has made off many of us on this site they certainly should have made this right. Do people who advertise and sell on this site think we don't communicate about these issues? I've been told many stories about damaged items received from them that were not damaged in the photos, and not new damage from shipping, this is damage done years ago. For example, frame side arrived just beat down. When the photo showed no damage at all., what I would call "NOS". why not ship the one in the picture not the other one that IS damaged. This has happened to other SS members. Again, do people that do business on here really think that we don't talk to each other about our miss dealings on this site?! News flash, WE DO. That goes for the individual members on the site who try to sell shady parts also. Overall, this forum is awesome. But one has to watch out for the sharks. If you see one, let other members know please.

Shark Bait

InMemoryofRex

My experience with Eastern Surplus

Thank you for your response. I wish I would have seen the thread about Eastern Surplus sooner.
As a certified vendor, they had instant credibility with me.

I realize that running a web site takes time and money.
However, I would much rather see organizations such as the USO, VFW and other legitimate veteran support organizations and reputable equipment vendors on this site.
I hope the administrators / owners take a look at this business as there obviously is an issue here based on all the comments made.

Again, until this interaction, all others have been positive and I've met some great people on this site.

Last edited:

InMemoryofRex

Thank you for your response!
After having spent years in conflict zones and working in para-military organizations most of my life, I do not seek out conflict, especially not in my private life.
On the other hand, I certainly don't want others to have the same experience and get ripped off.
My fault for not carefully researching the person and the business before making this purchase.

coachgeo

Please take the time to make complete drawings and list metal thickness of various sections of areas of these so anyone with fabrication skills can duplicate and make a mirror image for opposit side. Least that way it won't be a complete wash and some value can come out of it.

An alternative that is sort of a make Lemonaide from a lemon situation ... consider using one of them and having a fab shop mirror image copy the other side for you. If shop can make a mirror image then have them make two and then sell the remaining as real "left AND right " kit. You might get closer to breaking even that way instead of a loss.

InMemoryofRex

Thank you for the excellent suggestion.
If it works and fits, I will post the CAD file for all to use for free.
That way, anyone can get one built locally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks