• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 from Fort Bragg, NC to Mebane, NC - 85 miles

ProximityX

Well, I did it now. I won an M1078 at a Fort Bragg auction and need to get it back to my house 85 miles from Fort Bragg.

Does any experience person want to go inspect it with me and drive it back to my house? Or does anyone want to transport it? I'm new to the military LMTVs but have driven Ambulances and ShuttleBuses. The auction inspection says it runs/drives/stops but you know how that goes.

Is this something a wrecker company would do? I've never transported anything this big (always just driven what I buy) so I'm a clueless newbie on the matter. If anyone has a good suggestion, let me know. I'd prefer to get it to my property and spend time with it before I drive it on the road. But hey - things work out the way they work out.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I expect someone can help me at a fair cost? Sometime in the next week or so? Monday, MAY18 being the earliest.

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, I am already slated to inspect one truck on Monday, please PM me your auction information and I will inspect your truck for you. I can arrange for driving transport to your location for a small fee (basically to pay a chaser buddy and cover our expenses)

ProximityX

THANK YOU! Thanks to Eric (bikeman) for recovering my M1078 from Fort Bragg and transporting it to my house. It was great to have the truck show up at my doorstep exactly when expected AND to get some of the knowledge from someone very familiar with LMTV PMCS and everything else I wanted to know about it.

Eric - thanks a million for your help. I appreciate the effort and time you put in to making sure everything was right with my auction truck!

Thanks,
Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks