• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 gear change transmission program

Cj99205

i have a m1090 that was converted to a 2400 gallon tinder. winch was removed and water pump installed. everything worked great tell yesterday was pumping water 900rpm and then the pto just stopped. and now it acts like it has no power to the solenoid. and advice.or know of a wiring diagram. thank you corey

Cj99205

m1090 pto issues lost pto and acts like no power. its fire season i need it fixed

i have a m1090 that was converted to a 2400 gallon tinder. winch was removed and water pump installed. everything worked great tell yesterday was pumping water 900rpm and then the pto just stopped. and now it acts like it has no power to the solenoid. and advice.or know of a wiring diagram. thank you corey

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Tms are at the top of the forum. You would follow the winch troubleshooting. The pto is electrically actuated. Check with a meter see if there is voltage at the pto.

Jcbawn

Heat Exchanger$

I took my M1081 in for a transmission fluid change and when i got to the shop the truck was leaking what looked like oil. After they flushed and changed the fluid they said that the heat exchanger was bad and this was causing the leak, and that the trans oil had gotten anit-freeze in it, to which they re-flushed and filled the tranny again. I feel like I got ripped off... Does any one know if it is normal practice to fush with synthetics? wouldn't you use a less expensive product to flush before filling it with liquid gold..? also does anyone know where to find these heat exchangers for sale? They charged me an arm and a leg for a rebuild one.. I would probably have just let the whole thing go but the truck is still leaking oil the same as it was before. Thanks

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The trans cooler under the front of the truck? If you had coolant mixed in your oil you would usually know it. The trans oil would start looking like choco milk. And chances are you would have some oil in your cooling system. This is bad for your trans but I dont see how it would cause a leak although I am no expert in this. How did the trans fluid look?

Jcbawn

The trans cooler under the front of the truck? If you had coolant mixed in your oil you would usually know it. The trans oil would start looking like choco milk. And chances are you would have some oil in your cooling system. This is bad for your trans but I dont see how it would cause a leak although I am no expert in this. How did the trans fluid look?
I had the same concern, but they said there was a vent or blow off that the tranny fluid was coming out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottmandu

I had the same concern, but they said there was a vent or blow off that the tranny fluid was coming out of.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coolant or water in the trans fluid is very bad. The adhesive that joins the friction material to the steel backing is water based...

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I believe the transmission does have an over pressure vent. I have read about overly thick trans fluid in very cold environments coming out the trans vent until the trans warms up a bit. But leaking out a vent and mixing of water and trans fluid are two very different things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks