M1078 GVWR Over the Road

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Stevekelley

That’s definitely possible. I’m sure they don’t all weigh the same depending on what options they have. I was curious how close that number really is. 400 lbs with you in it doesn’t seem all that close but then again just the winch accessories probably weigh at least a couple hundred if not more. Maybe that 17,214 number is the LTZ version ha.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
olive-drab.com lists it as "16,699 lb". Where did you get the 17k number? Also I should have said, I am talking about the A0. I don't know about the later models.
It's in the TM. Table 1-3, Vehicle Weights and Payloads.

Truck, Cargo, M1078
17,770 lbs (8,068 kgs)

OliveDrab.com seems to be edited by people who go by the philosophy "Close enough for government work." I've stopped going to that site, because there is so much incorrect information... and wrong information is worse than no information at all.

Kbarnes0

Easy way to see what the true weight is, make a run to the dump. With a full tank, and co-pilot we came in at 24,500lbs with the M1090 empty.

Hauled 9tons (est.) of logs the other day. Probably the heaviest load it will see during the time I have it.
60 psi tires, truck felt great loaded.

Attachments

snowtrac nome

gvwr is determined by a few factors 1 axle and tire group springs braking capability and acceleration. there are others but these are the main factors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks