• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 LMTV oil pressure issue-jittery gauge

sstephens637

Drove my new M1078 to work on friday and it did great. On the way home I started seeing pressure gauge jittering between 0-60. Like a seismograph. No warning light. I assumed it was the gauge acting up. Got home and started backing into the driveway and the motor shut off, no sputter or anything. Looked down and warning light was on. Waited a minute and pressed start and fired right up, no light. Pressure showed 40. Checked the oil the night before. Filter is fresh, and oil looks brand new.
Any ideas where to start? How can I check to make sure the oil pump is working correctly? Truck has 17k miles, starts and runs great. All fluids have zero buildup.

any help would be appreciated.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck does not have a fail safe circuit that would kill the engine if the oil pressure fails. So whatever caused your engine to stall is not related to the oil pressure reporting systems. The red light came on as it should have when the engine oil pressure was zero. The flickering gauge is solved by checking the gauge, wiring, and sender.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any chance the gauge issue is from having a little too much oil?
The engine cut off was just like i had flipped the main power. No stutter or load whatsoever.
Only way too much oil could affect oil pressure is if the level is so high the crank hits it and turns the crankcase into a churned up mess.