• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 no front driveshaft

cybindustries

Will it damage the T case or tranny to run a 1078 with out the front driveshaft installed. I have a weird sound above 35mph sounds like its coming from the front end. I was going to pull the front drive shaft to see if thats it.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It will sense that as wheel slip and not go. You would have to put it in mode to drive it and will be limited to 4th gear. Did you check the driveshaft for play? Check diff and hub fluid? Tires can make road noise. Hub gearing can make noise if it's out of spec I think there are a few threads on that.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The geared hubs make noise. Check the gear lash as described in other threads and put in quality oil. When I'm off power or at equilibrium on the throttle, my hubs make a racket. I'm going as far as making the tool that Steve 6x6 uses to attempt to get mine straight.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I find that the tires make different road noise depending on speed and road. Off the throttle its easier to hear the road and driveline sounds that are normally masked by the engine. I bought some royal purple I was going to put it in my front hubs just havent had time yet. I dont get too much odd noise though. I have several trucks to compare and none make noticeably different noise. The road noise between the Goodyears and Michelins is different.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks