• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Roof Measurements

gslader

Yeah you’re a bit of a drive…..too bad, I have a smashed A1 cab that’s going to scrap soon
@wheelspinner - I am in need of the driver side metal door stop (the one that is at the bottom of the door). I'd be happy to buy one off of your smashed A1 cab if it is still on there. I've pasted a picture below of mine (the spring steel broke at the detent).

IMG_5439.jpg

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@wheelspinner - I am in need of the driver side metal door stop (the one that is at the bottom of the door). I'd be happy to buy one off of your smashed A1 cab if it is still on there. I've pasted a picture below of mine (the spring steel broke at the detent).

View attachment 906012
Those are essentially always broken in that exact way on every truck and if you buy a used one that isn't broken it will be shortly. Use that information however you like.

coachgeo

I just added washer or three below the bolt that acts as a stop the slide disk cant slip above it. That was numerous years ago. solved the problems. It has never opened too far since. Yup my metal springy thingy was broken too.

gslader

Those are essentially always broken in that exact way on every truck and if you buy a used one that isn't broken it will be shortly. Use that information however you like.
Good to know. I do (did) like having the detent to keep the door from closing when parked on an incline. If I could buy a used one for a reasonable price - I’d go that route.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to know. I do (did) like having the detent to keep the door from closing when parked on an incline. If I could buy a used one for a reasonable price - I’d go that route.
I don't think you understand. Outside of a brand new truck or a brand new door for a truck - I would wager no one here has ever seen one that isn't broken. Buying a used one is a waste of money because buying a new one is likely a waste of money. They sucked and never got redesigned - the redesign was the armored cab and those have gas shocks. They broke almost immediately. My truck - a 2008 A1R, and one of the last soft cab trucks manufactured - had 2,045 miles on it. Broken. So how long do they last? Not long enough to be worth your time or money is the answer.

Last edited:

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think you understand. Outside of a brand new truck or a brand new door for a truck - I would wager no one here has ever seen one that isn't broken. Buying a used one is a waste of money because buying a new one is likely a waste of money. They sucked and never got redesigned - the redesign was the armored cab and those have gas shocks. They broke almost immediately. My truck - a 2008 A1R, and one of the last soft cab trucks manufactured - had 2,045 miles on it. Broken. So how long do they last? Not long enough to be worth your time or money is the answer.
2007 with 1800 miles, not broken here, although pretty rusted. Have too long a list of items to be replaced already.

gslader

Got it. Thanks for the further clarification. Usually I'm not that thick. Guess I just live without or find some other solution.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks