• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Tie Down NSN?

gslader

I'm missing several tie-down rings in the bed of my M1078a1 and not only can't I find any online but I can't even find the NSN for them - I've gone through my TM this is one part not covered in the bed assembly (209-1) or sub-assembly (212-1). I've circled in red below what I'm looking for. Anyone have a line on getting replacement tie-downs or know what the NSN is for them?

Thanks in advance.

Gavin

IMG_2934.jpg

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm missing several tie-down rings in the bed of my M1078a1 and not only can't I find any online but I can't even find the NSN for them - I've gone through my TM this is one part not covered in the bed assembly (209-1) or sub-assembly (212-1). I've circled in red below what I'm looking for. Anyone have a line on getting replacement tie-downs or know what the NSN is for them?

Thanks in advance.

Gavin

View attachment 862569
The part number is on the next page down in TM...at least for the M1083's. No NSN but they do give a part number. I've looked for them last year for several months but could not locate any.
Fine someone that is dismantling and parting out a FMTV and see if they will sell you some.

Attachments

gslader

The part number is on the next page down in TM...at least for the M1083's. No NSN but they do give a part number. I've looked for them last year for several months but could not locate any.
Fine someone that is dismantling and parting out a FMTV and see if they will sell you some.
@TomTime thanks for sending these screen shots! Those pages don't exist in the TM for my 1078. I guess I feel a little better that I'm not the only one that can't find them but discouraged that you looked and couldn't find any. I've pinged one person that was scrapping their bed and apparently they are very tough to get out. In anycase it seems like these would be parts in relatively high demand with relatively easy access - but yet I can't find them anywhere. The hunt will continue.

Gavin

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that @wheelspinner had parted out a truck or two trucks a month or so back. I think he was able to help out another SS member with them but I think that member went down to pickup other items from him also
They are a PITA to get off with out damaging them!

Last edited by a moderator:

gslader

Just got the detailed schematic (below) from P&H on the replacement tie downs. Looks like they should work. My existing tie downs don't have a cotter pin (maybe that is why I'm missing three).

RK1011-3.png

INFChief

Thanks in advance.

Gavin

View attachment 862569
Exactly what parts do you need? Just the D ring or do you need more?