• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Transmission issue/question

alwayskaos

Hello all...
I have a 1998 M1078 that seems to be having a transmission issue. Can someone please let me know what transmission I have, either WTECII or WTECIII?
Its putting out a code 5517, and from what I can tell, its most likely a trans oil temp issue, too cold. I'll be changing the fluid to ATF this week, so that may help it to warm up better, but I do not know which model the trans is. Thank you!!

Ronmar

Well they started incorporating the wtec3 mid 98. Is the display on the control pad wide/rectangular with blue-green color display, or is it narrow/square with red characters? Wide green display = 2, narrow/square display = 3…

This is a C3 pressure sw fault. i see the note about possible issue below 50F. This could be the case, but ATF probably won’t help it warm up, it is simply thinner and will pump better at lower temps… am I to assume that this is only occurring when cold? You could help the trans warm up by using the cold weather warmup procedure. As soon as you start the truck, select D or R and elevate the idle slightly with the hand throttle… this will put fluid thru the torque converter which warms it, and apply load to the engine which also warms it up quicker. The A0 trucks basically send all their engine heat to the transmission untill it becomes a heat source, so the quicker you make it a heat source(put it in gear) the quicker both the engine and transmission warm to proper op temp…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks