• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078A0 & M1088A1 dead weight test!

lmtvjunky

I was going to use a crane to dead lift these 40 foot high cubes into position when I decided to use the trucks instead and save 1500 bucks, hey why not, so both trucks proved to do the job, flat drag on dirt, containers almost fully loaded with parts, the trucks put into mode pulled great, I had 2 @ 350 gallon water totes in the m1078 to help with traction, the m1088 could of used the same but stI'll did the job, drug 3 containers 100 foot each into position, wow, impressive

Attachments

lmtvjunky

Funny you say that, but that little orange thing is brand new and worth every penny but wouldn't even think about lifting one end of a container, the LMTV is by far the best tool for the job. These trucks are awsome, get them in good running condition, put some love into them, and they will love you back year after year, trust me, I'm in love with them! More cool pics too come:grd:

lmtvjunky

So basically I used the trucks to test the difference in pulling capacity, mode selection, traction, and ability to work in awkward conditions. I broke a .375 chain using the M1078, I was pulling a container and got hung up on the concrete footing, thought I was loosing the pull, then bang!!! So fyi, these trucks will break chain, haha, gotta love that. Container weigh in at just under 10,000 lbs, I estimated 15,000 lbs of invintory inside, I would guess that these trucks can pull 30,000 lbs dead flat on dirt all day if you have good traction, traction is the key.
I also have a m932A2 , I also tested it's ability to pull, unbelievable power behind these trucks, this trucks has the winch up front, so I used it to pull one container into position, remarkable results, these 8.3 Cummins trucks have always impressed me, solid rigs, so mechanical it's hilarious

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 35,000 lb track hoe ingested something in the main hyd pump and is dead as a doornail. I tried to dead pull it with the LMTV, that also resulted in a broken 3/8 chain. Tried it again with a 1/2 chain, ended up with wheel spin. Had to disengage the machine's brakes, then no prob.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks