• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078A1 crank but not starting - batteries?

gemini25

Yes, it isn't easy to find one in Germany. Perhaps I am lucky, otherwiese I have to oder one from the States (cheaper anyway!).
Can anybody recommend a good service?

gemini25

@fuzzytoaster
Just another question. Which number of the ECM do you mean. The serial number should be 206-2700-02. And under this number, I can find other ECM in the internet.
And it is clear, that I must programm the ECM new.

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@fuzzytoaster
Just another question. Which number of the ECM do you mean. The serial number should be 206-2700-02. And under this number, I can find other ECM in the internet.
And it is clear, that I must programm the ECM new.
The part number 206-2700-02 is correct and try to stay with it unless CAT can verify they've superseded it and the newer unit will work. Some of the issues the CAT tech told me were that newer ECMs were designed with emission in mind and getting a newer unit could cause the computer to generate codes since it's looking for emissions feedback that doesn't exist. I ran into a similar issue with my first ECM replacement.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well if it is getting power to the ECM... The ECM’s have an internal memory battery which has a finite lifespan. They fail and wipe The ECM programming... They are also not replaceable so you may need a new ECM... you may be able to pull the ECM and take/send it to cat to evaluate it...
M1078A1
What!? Holy Toledo.
This is a combat war vehicle, How did this ever get approved?

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1078A1
What!? Holy Toledo.
This is a combat war vehicle, How did this ever get approved?
It supposedly wasn't a known issue by CAT. I covered it in my write up a few years back in more detail but basically it happened fairly often but CAT denied it was happening until they gave in and acknowledged it was how the ECMs are flashed and changed how they did it. Now if an ECM battery died the unit wont blank it self and leave you stranded. There are still many trucks out there (early A1s) that are ticking..or not ticking..time bombs in this regard. :doh:

Last edited:

Ronmar

Why do you think they went to so much trouble to make these things easy to tow(front gladhands, towbar setup, front trailer light recept)...:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks