• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078A1 Fuel line lengths

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all…. Does anyone have the answer? I’d like to get my suction line replaced and need the length if anyone has it handy. I did search and came up with nothing useful.

2003 M1078A1 3126B engine

Thanks -Wingnut

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would highly recommend replacing them all.

I can't tell from the TM which line is which, but the two lines to the tank - one is 72" and one is 123" according to the NIIN characteristics.

Are you wanting the forward most line or the rearward most line? The forward line is 123" and the rearward line is 72"

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced both suction and return lines this morning. NAPA had the Gates field assembled -6 JIC fittings and the hose. Total cost was about $120. The fittings take about 3 minutes per to assemble with an impact driver 13/16” deep well socket.

I also replaced my primary fuel/water assembly as one of the check valves has failed internally and it is not user serviceable in any manner. I just figured now was the time for the fuel lines too.

I did not replace the other interconnect fuel line on the engine. NAPA only had the four fittings I bought. But I will get to them eventually. They look to be in much better condition anyways.

Ronmar

#6 JIC females on both ends. I used 5ft of hose for the return line and 6ft for the suction. I used Parker pushlok line and fittings so it's just cut what you need. No reason to have hydraulic lines made.
Which specific model push-lock did you use? The issue with the cat fuel supply lines is that they are ALWAYS under vacuum. Not all push-lock fittings have high vac ratings, their spec info shows several as low as 10KPa, which is less than 3” of Mercury… crimp fittings are typically a LOT higher…

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Which specific model push-lock did you use? The issue with the cat fuel supply lines is that they are ALWAYS under vacuum. Not all push-lock fittings have high vac ratings, their spec info shows several as low as 10KPa, which is less than 3” of Mercury… crimp fittings are typically a LOT higher…
We use 836 hose.

Doesn't matter the engine. Cat, cummins, JD, Case, big or small it doesn't have any issue with any fuel delivery.

We see some failures when using them on coolant systems when In close proximity to exhaust the interior of the hose seems to get eaten up a lot easier at the 280 to 300 degree temps which it is still rated for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks